Getting Ripped is the process of sculpting muscles and adding definition to your body by incorporating proper nutrition, weight training, and cardiovascular exercise to your daily routine. Getting ripped is not a quick process; therefore, discipline and motivation are essential in achieving the body you desire.
As with all diets and exercise programs, consult with your physician before beginning any new regime. The most important part of getting ripped is understanding your body fat index and the caloric intake necessary to maintain a healthy body while defining and building muscle. The objective is to increase your intake of protein and fiber while reducing carbohydrates, especially after 6 p.m. The reduction of salt, sugar, and simple carbohydrates plays an integral part in getting ripped. Most professionals agree that a healthy range of body fat is between 14%-20% for the average male. Body-builders, however, try to maintain between 12%-14% BFI (Body Fat Index).This varies with every individual and their size and stature. It is also recommended to eat smaller portions throughout the day as opposed to several big meals. Drink as much water as you can, as this aids in the flushing of toxins and waste from your body and helps dispose of fat before it can be stored.
There are various forms of exercise and routines that are recommended toward your goal of getting ripped:
- P90x – We recommend reading our P90x Reviews as one way to get ripped well defined and sculpted muscles.
- Abdominal Crunches: Either lying flat or on an incline, raise your upper body and flex your abdominal muscles while crunching down on your abs for about one second per repetition.
- Sit-ups: Lying flat or on an incline is best.
- Leg raises: While lying flat, with your legs together, raise your legs approximately 6-inches from the floor and hold for about one minute.
- Aerobic Exercises: Jogging, treadmill, walking, and bicycling (always perform these exercises before weight training).
- Knee Raises: If you have access to an overhead bar, perform this exercise by raising your knees up into an almost sitting position while hanging from the overhead bar.
- Other Routines: Squats, bench pressing, bicep, and tricep curls are also good for muscle definition in Getting Ripped. It is important to keep the intensity low to burn more fat and utilize as many muscle groups as possible during exercise for the long term goal of building lean muscle mass and Getting Ripped. Be sure and alternate workout intensity and muscle groups every other day.
Motivation, determination, and self-discipline are the primary factors in Getting Ripped. They all work together to improve your body, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Remember motivation is 90% mental and 10% physical; keep that in mind and you too will be on the way to Getting Ripped.
Mian Usman specializes in covering all things SPECIAL DIET, having reviewed dozens of POPULAR DIET PROGRAM and other gadgets. He speaks at key Health industry events and appears regularly on Meal Inside And Revenue Dude to discuss the latest trends. Mian Usman was previously reviews editor at Mobile Computing, and his work has appeared in Revenue Dude